top of page

Crown Football Round-Up (26/10/2018)

Liverpool U19’s snatched a 2-1 victory over Red Star Belgrade in the UEFA Youth League on Wednesday. The Young Reds dominated most of the first half and captain Adam Lewis saw a penalty saved by Red Star keeper Milos Gordic before Rafael Camacho drew the hosts’ level with a brilliant curl five minutes from time. The second goal came a few minutes later when Rhys Williams headed home Adam Lewis’ corner.

Taylor Harwood-Bellis was called up to represent England U17 in their mini tournament in Chester. In their opening match against the USA Taylor was selected as captain, in a game that ended in a 3-1 victory.

This week, following international break, Taylor featured for Man City U19’s in the UEFA Youth League. City’s UEFA Youth League hopes were kept alive, as the 16-year-old scored in the final minute to salvage a crucial point against Shakhtar Donetsk. Taylor is the first 2002-born player to score a goal for an English club in the UEFA Youth League. Congratulations Taylor!

Rangers faced Hamilton last weekend in the Scottish Premiership, after returning from international break. The game was a slow starter, but Ryan Kent put the Light Blues into the lead five minutes before half time with a superb chip over Gary Woods, making this his third goal of the season. Rangers secured their first away win in the league under Steven Gerrard.

Ryan has also made 100 first team appearances as a professional. Congratulations Ryan!

Wigan loanee goalkeeper Christian Walton is featured on Sky Sports as part of EFL’s ‘One2Watch’. Christian has kept 17 clean sheets in 36 matches in 2018 - more than any other goalkeeper in England's top four divisions. Could Christian be the next goalkeeper to catch the eye of England boss Gareth Southgate? Sky Sports News takes a look...

Congratulations to 18-year-old Stephen Duke-McKenna who was called up to Guyana senior international squad during the October international break.

Goalkeeper Chris Maxwell was in Preston North End’s starting line-up in their Championship match against Hull City last week. After a string of impressive saves, Chris was awarded man of the match in a game which ended 1-1.

18-year-old Max Sheaf was called up to the Hull City first team for their mid-week Championship fixture against Bristol City. The Tigers were almost ahead inside two minutes however a late goal meant Hull City went down to a 1-0 defeat at Bristol City on Wednesday night.

Recent Posts
bottom of page